Food for the Planet project grants are now being offered by Sustain.
“Sustain is a powerful alliance of organisations and communities working together for a better system of food, farming and fishing, and cultivating the movement for change.“
The Food for the Planet grants will support communities to campaign and advocate to make food in their area better for people and the planet.
Applicants are encouraged to propose their own ideas for great local action, but should focus on areas that have a big impact locally. Successful projects might include:
- Improving our councils’ score in the Every Mouthful Counts report and/or developing food strategies
- Supporting groups and communities that are marginalised to campaign for food climate justice and tackling racial injustice in the food system
- Encouraging climate-friendly food in public institutions and council settings
- Supporting sustainable farming systems through planning policy
- Tackling unfair and unhelpful pricing and advertising of the most climate-damaging foods
The grants are open to any local food partnership, local authority, or community group.
Apply by 10th February.
More details on Sustain’s website, here: Sustain