NORTH STAFFS NEWS:
• Shares news of North Staffordshire with a positive purpose, to build up communities and people, making the region an even more enjoyable, prosperous, and vibrant place to live, work and visit.
• Supports and promotes the region’s professional writers, photographers, filmmakers, podcasters and freelance creatives. We also consider publishing material from exceptional non-professionals too, especially students or those taking their first steps in journalism. All contributors get a ‘byline’, in fact we insist on it.
All submitted content is judged against one key editorial question:
“Is this story adding to, or in some way illustrating, the continuing development of North Staffordshire, its communities, its enterprises, its people?“
Submitted content is more likely to be published if:
- It is fully written as a press release or article. Apologies, due to time limitations, the editor cannot write up articles from scant notes. Need help? Commission a local freelancer.
- It is supported by an eye-catching image. JPG or PNG formats are preferred, minimum size of 1,000 pixels on the longest side, landscape/horizontal format preferred.
- You’re sharing NEWS, not SALES. However, we do of course want to promote enterprise, so tell us why your business is fabulous, why your staff are legends, what an amazing difference you’re making in North Staffordshire, why your product innovates, why the world needs to know about your business.
- You go the extra mile – go the extra sentence. We don’t want ‘rushed’ news. Take your time, speak to more people to get quotes. Give us lots of context.
- You grasp this is not a ‘good news’ platform. Criticism in articles is fine if it’s constructive, offers solutions and is evidenced and supported by quoted experts. What will the reader learn from reading the article, how does it contribute to the development of the region?
The Editor reserves the right to make small edits and amendments to submitted content, for example to reduce length.
We’re also looking for exceptional visual and audio content – short films, music videos, stills photographs, podcasts.
We will embed or link to these if they’re hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, Spotify, Soundcloud etc.
Again, we’d like a bit of context for these, a short paragraph will do.
Ready to share your news?
Great! Send your content to editor @ northstaffs.news
Jerome, The Editor.
p.s. I don’t bite. If you’re unsure get in touch for a chat!